Monday, October 3, 2011

Call of the Herald (The Dawning of Power) by Brian Rathbone





If you like fantasy, you will most likely like this book. Brian has a pretty good tale going, although the beginning is a little bit dry. I did struggle past the first chapter and found myself a little bit lost at first by what he was trying to convey with his scene on the comets.

The reader will eventually find out what the comets are all about later on in the book.

It does have a pretty good hook after the second chapter and I was late getting back to work on a few occasions. I just didn’t want to put this book down after I got past the gritty stuff.

The ending is kind of a cliff hanger but I was satisfied enough with the ending to give this book four stars.

I will even be reading the next book in the series. (I did like it that much.)



4 out of 5 ****

No comments:

Post a Comment